Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Susie Says.....

The tag line of the Ryan House logo reads: hope, courage, love, care & friendship. Today I'm thinking about "hope".

It is my hope that those families that need to recharge their batteries will find their way to Ryan House. I personally cannot imagine the day to day requirements of being a parent of a child with life-limiting conditions. My children are all but grown now and I vaguely recall their infancy as a lot of work. What affects me the most about these families is there is NEVER a break. Their children can't have sleepovers, or playdates. Even when napping, they must be monitored. I know parenting is 24/7, but my children were able to grow to be independant. These children will never do that, and the 24/7 care they require never ends.

Hope is what Ryan House can provide to these families. Hope that they can recharge, refocus, and regroup with the rest of their family. Hope they can find the strength within themselves to deal with journey they've been given.

I am humbled by the valor these families demonstrate. They are an inspiration to me and my family.

No comments: